New Zealand is filled with places that act as the perfect backdrop for romance.
Tourism site newzealand.com has compiled a list of its top 10 spots to fall in love.
Where to fall in love
1. Beneath the stars, contemplating the Southern Cross or the Milky Way at Lake Tekapo, South Island.
2. In a private pool in the Glacier Hotel Pools near Franz Josef, South Island.
3. Listening to bird song at Zealandia, Wellington, a haven for rare wildlife.
4. While enjoying the stars and the sounds of forest at Raglan, Waikato, North Island.
5. On a romantic cruise to Mokoia Island on Lake Rotorua, North Island.
6. A stroll at sunset on the wild black beaches of Auckland’s West Coast.
7. In the shadow of Tane Mahuta, the giant kauri tree in Northland.
8. Kayaking through the mist at Milford Sound, South Island.
9. Enjoying Bluff oysters on Stewart Island, off the southern tip of New Zealand’s South Island.
10. Experiencing the ambience created by millions of glittering glow worms in the Waitomo Caves, North Island.