With the popularity of ‘smart’ phones, more photographs are being taken every day than ever before in New Zealand.
But you still have to decide where you are going to take that ‘must-keep’ image that tops all others in your collection.
To help you decide where to take your camera (or phone), here’s the list of the top 10 spots photographed on Instagram. The top spots are based on the number of images geo-tagged to specific locations in New Zealand.
New Zealand’s top 10 Instagram spots
1. Lake Tekapo, Canterbury, South Island
2. Queen St, Auckland, North Island
3. Takapuna Beach, Auckland, North Island
4. Sky Tower, Auckland, North Island
5. Milford Sound, Fiordland, South Island
6. Hobbiton Movie Set, Matamata, North Island
7. Abel Tasman National Park, Nelson, South Island
8. Mount Maunganui Beach, Bay of Plenty, North Island
9. Franz Josef Glacier, West Coast, South Island
10. Lake Wanaka, Wanaka, South Island
Source: Instagram.com, January 2017