New Zealand’s favourite song – often belted out at sports grounds to pump up crowds – is Slice of Heaven, by Dave Dobbyn and Herbs.
It featured in the movie Footrot Flats and for many Kiwis, it is special to the New Zealand way of life.
Slice of Heaven was chosen as the nation’s best song in a poll of more than 4,000 adults.
New Zealanders’ 10 favourite songs
1. Slice of Heaven, Dave Dobbyn and Herbs
See video link above.
2. Poi E, Dalvanius and the Patea Maori Club
3. Loyal, Dave Dobbyn
4. Pokarekare Ana, Dame Kiri Te Kanawa
5. Don’t Dream It’s Over, Crowded House
6. Sailing Away, Ensemble
7. How Bizarre, OMC
8. Royals, Lorde
9. Wandering Eye, Fat Freddy’s Drop
10. Business Time, Flight of the Conchords
Source: Neilsen Research for APN News & Media, 2014.